Monday 14 March 2016

The personal touch - personalised buttons

My recent discovery of Stip&Haak patterns opened me up to a whole other world. They even have a fans of Stip&Haak page on Facebook. I noticed on the patterns and on the fan page that many people use personalised buttons to add detail to their work.

So a quick Google and I was immersed in pages of buttons. I wanted wooden buttons and managed to find GirlsFever website: https://girlsfever.com/ based abroad (Hong Kong I think). I usually try to buy in the UK where possible but struggled to find anything I liked and priced reasonably over here. (Usually I really don't mind spending a bit extra to buy British but when you find something you like you have to go with it.

I deliberated about sizes, fonts, icons and wording for some time. The people at GirlsFever were great though, once I place my order online they made a mock up design and e-mailed it to me for approval, and were fantastically accommodating when I changed the design twice as it didn't quite fit how I wanted it. 

The buttons arrived less than 2 weeks later and I was really pleased with the quality.


I was over the moon with these and couldn’t wait to start using them. Unfortunately, my most recently finished make was the baby blanket featured in a previous post (these buttons arrived a few weeks ago, before I returned to the blogging realm) and I wouldn't feel confident attaching anything to a baby blanket that could come off or cause a choking hazard. Not wanting to miss the opportunity I reached for the brown labels, stitching one of my lovely new buttons to one corner of the label with matching yarn and wrote my little message. I then cut the washing instructions for the wool out of the ball band and stuck it onto reverse side of the label - genius if I do say so myself!! :) 

I am so pleased with the quality and the ability to add that extra personal touch to my makes. Will definitely order from them again when I run out and am recommending them to all. They also happen to do fabric labels which you can sew into larger items for that professional look.

No comments:

Post a Comment