Saturday 26 March 2016

Good Friday Sunshine



Now, for those of you less interested in yarn and making things I did promise adventures. With the longer than anticipated recovery from surgery and the damp weather, adventures have been, up until now, rather scarce. But finally I am driving again and the sun is out! Adventure time!!

When I got up yesterday I could see straight away that, as the weather man had predicted, the sun was shining and it was going to be a beautiful day. I couldn't resist and immediately dressed like summer was here to stay. White trousers with blue flowers, black strappy top, lemon cardigan and a light scarf to tie it all together.

Once I'd collected Mr Grumpy (his agreed nickname for purposes of blog), I headed back towards Truro and off West, down the A30. We stopped at Tesco to pick up some healthy bits and continued on our way. Marizon, our usually and favourite spot, was jam packed and so we continued down west, past Penzance. After a minor incident on the way we arrived at Portcurno, down by the museum and not far from the Minack.

The minor incident being someone coming the other way being 2foot out from the hedge their side and me having to pull right into the hedge my side. The result - my passenger wing mirror turned itself in and the mirror part jumped out of the wing and dangled by a wire. Not to worry, with a bit of persuasion I managed to click it back in, and the electronic adjustment dial works.


We parked up and walked down to the beach, the path is fine it’s the last bit on to the beach which is steep. The usual walk way was closed off for maintenance and so we had to go a little further round and come out down the side of the beach which was steep. Its good Mr Grumpy had a hold of me on the way up as he practically dragged me back up, lol.

Our picnic was yummy and after a short sit in the sun (it wasn’t quite warm enough to sit for too long, whilst we were also fearful of sitting in direct sunlight without the recent application of sun cream).

The return journey passed without incident and we soon found ourselves at an old favourite - Hayle Driving range. Where Mr Grumpy can hit balls and I usually, crochet/knit/write letters or just sip on a hot chocolate. Now out of the sun and sufficiently chilled a hot chocolate was definitely on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment