Sunday 20 March 2016

Feathers and Fans Snood

My LYS (Local Yarn Shop - mine is WeKnitYouCanToo) stocks some simply gorgeous yarns hand dyed here in Cornwall - Perran Yarns. I had noticed one that had been catching my eye for a couple of weeks a DK (Double Knit) Skein in a colourway names Sweet Pea. The colours caught my eye and just made me think of holidays in the Scottish highlands amongst the heather. Each week I would admire the colours and the softness when I could resist no longer I snapped it up and took it home.

As so often is the case, the next question was what to make with it. I am a far more confident crocheter than knitter. In the same way I drive an automatic car because I simply can't get my feet to do two different things at the same time, I crochet because co-ordinating one hook is easier than two needles. At the time of making this item about which I am blogging, I would say I was still really learning to crochet, I wasn't confident remembering the stitches or reading patterns. However, I had the wonderful Sue at WeKnit, to encourage and guide me - she's brilliant like that (don't tell her, but I have a lot to thank her for, not only am I now a pretty ok, and I would go as far to say, have become an intermediate level crocheter, but have also gained an awesome friend in the process).

Sue showed me a pattern she was working on - feathers and fans (this stitch for scarves etc. can easily be found on Ravelry with a quick search). However being the awkward ladies that we are we wanted our pattern to appear horizontally rather than vertically. Here is a link to the pattern written by Sue and posted on her blog - I love it!! Feather & Fan Neckwarmer and here is a photo of my snood. I absolutely love it, it's soft and snuggly and I love wearing it.

Perran Yarns

On Etsy: Here
Facebook: Here or Here
Twitter: Here

I don't get paid for or asked to link to business etc. but firmly believe in sharing jolly good stuff and so wherever possible will link to patterns, supplies, yarn shops etc. so that you can enjoy their fab products too.


No comments:

Post a Comment