Tuesday 5 April 2016

Window Pane Scarf

My LYS (Local Yarn Shop - Mine is WeKnitYouCanToo) stocks some beautiful yarns dyed right here in Cornwall, Perran Yarns and I have to be honest I am a little bit in love with them. The colours are amazing, every time a new batch comes into the shop I fall in love. So many beautiful colourways. These are special yarns for special projects, the kind of yarn you buy yourself as a birthday treat or when you're making a gift for someone you really like.

Now the item I am blogging about today all came about from one of these skeins of yarn. I wanted to make a Christmas gift for someone with some of this gorgeous yarn. I knew my LYS owner was about to make a trip to Perran Yarns to stock up and so put in a request for something made up of blues and with a little bit of wow. I was not disappointed! She returned with a beautiful 4ply skein of 'Ocean' a mix of blue with sparkle running through. Now, anyone who knows me knows I'm not a bling person and sparkle has to be tasteful in my books. This was perfect!!

The next question was what do make with that, a scarf of some kind, but something a little bit different, a little bit special. I had really enjoyed my feathers and fans snood but that was DK and not suited for a 4ply, so I began the hunt. Computer mouse in hand I began the Ravelry search. I love Ravelry, it is not only bookmarked but featured on my toolbar for easy access. After a little deliberation I settled on the Windowpane Scarf by Adrienne Lash, it's simple but effective, especially with variegated yarn (as I could see from the pictures of scarves others had made using this pattern - thats a really bonus of Ravelry, you can see other peoples makes). It took me a 3 days which I was pretty pleased about.



I couldn't be more pleased with the finished product! I felt happy giving this as a gift (of course I would have loved to keep it for myself - but that's just an excuse to buy some more lovely yarn and make another one, isn't it?).

Perran Yarns

On Etsy: Here
Facebook: Here or Here
Twitter: Here

I don't get paid for linking to business etc. but firmly believe in sharing jolly good stuff and so wherever possible will link to patterns, supplies, yarn shops etc. so that you can enjoy their fab products to.

No comments:

Post a Comment