Monday 25 April 2016

Craft fair, friends and creativity

A couple of weeks ago I came across the events page on the Bedruthan Hotel and Spa website - https://www.bedruthan.com/arts-events/ Initially I only saw the workshops and shared the link with friends asking if they had tried any of the workshops there, it was then I realised the workshops I was looking at were organised as part of the Modern Makers: Craft and Design fair. A road trip was planned with 5 of us going in the end.

It was great to have a mooch (I love that word - mooch) over 3 floors of stalls and stands, artists displaying and selling their work. It was great to see other peoples creativity and writing this the next day I'm gutted I have work later as my brain is overflowing with ideas!

We also booked in on one of the workshops which was fab, lovely and relaxed. We went for the
Decorate a Wooden Hanging Heart Workshop with Lyn Glover. I thoroughly enjoyed it, sharing ideas with others, all starting with the same base but all coming out with beautiful and very different designs. 

Here's mine: 

We already have the Midcentury and Vintage fair in mind for our next road trip in October and of course who can resist a good Christmas Craft Fair in November. 
https://www.bedruthan.com/fairs-at-bedruthan/ 

I also have to say the views were just amazing from the hotel, and such a gorgeous sunny day too. 
Can't wait until next time. Thank you ladies for a lovely day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment