Sunday 28 February 2016

Crochet Poncho - ribbed cowl neck

As promised a catch up of what I got up to in hospital ...
Where it all started?
I had seen a pattern in issue 25 of Simply Crochet that caught my eye. The beautiful poncho in the bottom left hand corner of the cover. 
You can download the poncho pattern from Ravelry for £2.75 -Ravelry link to Simply Crochet cowl-neck-poncho worth it in my opinion, great pattern, easy and a fab garment. 

Yarn, colours and work in progress
So I toddled of to my local yarn shop and Drops supplier: weknit-youcantoo.co.uk in search of yarn.
I was soon plucking yarn from the shelves and lining up colours. 
As you can see on the far right I had already picked my base colour and begun working up the cowl neck (worked from top to bottom). We (me and Sue the lovely shop owner) sat for a good 10 minutes playing around with the order of the colours (I like to pick colours that are more me). We were just getting near an order we were happy with when much to my dismay the Sue muddled them all up, grabbing balls randomly to come up with this. I loved it! A stroke of pure genius!!

I used Drops Nepal from my local yarn shop for this WeKnitYouCanToo - Nepal. The base colour was - Beige colour code 206 and I used 7 balls. I then used approximately one ball (less so far, but as you wil read later I want to add more rows to make it longer)of each of the following for the stripes (from right to left as seen in the photo above):
4434 - Purple
6220 - Medium Blue
2923 - Goldenrod
7238 - Olive Mix (dark green)
8783 - Forget-Me-Not
1477 - Pistachio  
7120 - Light Grey Green
6790 - Royal Blue 
6273 - Cerise
 As you will have seen in an earlier post I had some surgery and this was the project I took with me to the hospital to keep my brain busy. I got started and had this (below) when I went into hospital. 
In hospital I was spurred on by the idea that I wanted to aim to wear my poncho home (I was only in for the one night, but still there’s not much else you can do). 
Sure enough I had most of a poncho by the time I left. 
 I decided against the tassels in the end as being a cat owner I suspected they would make me prone to random attacks and destruction would be caused in no time. As a result, I have decided to go back and add a few more rows to give the poncho a bit more length - will post a photo update below when I have done this.

No comments:

Post a Comment