Sunday 30 August 2015

A filing cabinet to fit in...

What's the story?
When I recently redecorated I decided that my once teenage girl bedroom needed to become an calm and sophisticated space more suited to an adult. So the first thing I did was to get rid of the garish hot pink painted woodchip wallpaper. Next went the awkward built in wardrobe and paint stained carpet (remains of being a G.C.S.E art student with limited space). Wall paper stripped the wall was painted in a neutral cream colour. With a new lighter carpet and freshly painted walls I decided to go with a fresh nautical theme. This meant either something had to be done with the fuscia filing cabinet, it was a re spray job or a visit to the charity shop.



I could quite face the prospect of having the find alternative storage for its contents and so when I spotted this all purpose spray paint at my local range shop it went straight in the basket.



So I emptied the filing cabinet onto the bed and hauled it out to the garden. I gave it a wash down, dried it and was armed ready with the masking tape when I realised with a little persuasion the plastic handles would pop off. My spray job isn't perfect by any means as I could have done with another can for an even coverage, however it's slightly patchy nature adds to the rustic feel of the nautical theme.



The handles did go back on with equal persuasion as it took to get them off, but I don't have a clear photo with the handles back on.



Rather pleased with this, doesn't stand out quite so much now.


No comments:

Post a Comment